To start your DevSpace, open the terminal (inside your IDE or in a separate window) and run the following command directly inside your existing project:
This command will:
- ask some basic configuration questions,
- create a Dockerfile, a helm chart and the devspace config (see below),
- start a Tiller server (if necessary) and a private Docker registry (if wanted, you can also use any other registry) in your Kubernetes cluster,
- build your Dockerfile and deploy the helm chart in chart/,
- start port-forwarding and real-time code synchronization,
- and open a terminal session.
devspace up command internally calls
devspace init which creates the following files for you:
YOUR_PROJECT_PATH/ | |-- Dockerfile | |-- chart/ | |-- Chart.yaml | |-- values.yaml | |-- templates/ | |-- deployment.yaml | |-- service.yaml | |-- ingress.yaml | |-- .devspace/ | |-- .gitignore | |-- cluster.yaml | |-- config.yaml
Note: Don't worry, you can simply run
devspace reset to reset your project to its original state (see Cleanup).